- THIS FORM IS ONLY FOR CLASSES WITH THE PREFIX HIST, HTS, OR SOC. For information on how to apply for overloads or permits for other courses, go to www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php.
- Overload, permit, and graduate-level directed reading/independent study requests are submitted online via this form.
- Overloads are used when classes are filled to capacity and you are requesting that a professor exceed his/her registration limit to accommodate an additional student.
- Permits are used to limit the registration in a course to BS- HTS majors and/or particular groups (such as seniors). A permit is a request for permission to add a restricted class, and must approved by the school. The form can also be used with instances of a time conflict or pre-requisite issue.
- Graduate students can use this form to request a directed reading or independent study class.
- Please DO NOT CONTACT PROFESSORS DIRECTLY. Only requests made via the web will be processed.
If you experience any problems, please ladonna.bowen [at] hsoc.gatech.edu (contact LaDonna Bowen via e-mail.)
After the overload/permit is issued, it is your responsibility to register for the course.